Moore and Ed Harris will star in the HBO pic based on the book of the same name. Written by Danny Strong — yep, Jonathan from ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ and writer of HBO’s ‘Recount’ — the film starts production on Wednesday. Jay Roach of ‘Austin Powers’ fame and the director of ‘Recount’ will helm the film.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Melissa Farman will play Bristol Palin. Viewers may remember Farman from HBO’s ‘Temple Grandin.’
Larry Sullivan will play Sarah Palin’s deputy chief of staff Chris Edwards and ‘Trauma’ actor Jamey Sheridan will play McCain adviser Mark Salter. Woody Harrelson has been tapped to play McCain’s senior adviser Steve Schmidt.
Moore was set to play Hillary Clinton in HBO’s ‘The Special Relationship’ and even did a makeup test for the role, but due to scheduling conflicts with ‘The Kids Are All Right,’ she had to drop out. Instead, the role went to Hope Davis.
here’s a side-by-side comparison of Moore (dressed as Clinton) and Clinton:
- LeAnn Rimes Speaks of Her Affair — Huffington Post
- Actor Gets Replaced in Popular Role — Salon
- Model Bares All for Mag — Buzznet
- Actress Engaged for Second Time — Celebrity Smack
- Hottie Poses in a Bikini — The Blemish
- ‘Idol’ Judge Gets Own Show — The Stir
- Guess Who Is Pregnant? — FitPregnancy
- Young Reality Star Dating Rapper’s Son? — LimeLife
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics